Calling all bloggers: Are you on Google+ yet? If not, today’s the day to start via #GrowYourGooglePlus.
In a nutshell, Google+ is like Pinterest meets Facebook – it’s a great way to keep up with your favorite bloggers from food lovers to DIY crafters to fitness gurus. BUT it also has SEO benefits for you and your blog – even for brand new bloggers. Since I’ve been active on Google+, I have seen our Teaspoon of Spice recipe posts rise near to the top of searches – sometimes the actual post, sometimes it’s in the form of a comment I made on Google+ with a link to the post or sometimes both of these show up in a search – double score!
So, today you can add some fabulous peeps to your Google+ circles and grow your reach. If you’re new to Google+, Jenny Melrose - host of these Grow Your Google+ Circle Hops and Google+ guru – has some easy-to-follow tutorials to get you started below.
Here’s how to participate this month’s Grow Your Google+ Circles Hop:
If you’re just starting out with Google+, check out Jenny’s Google Plus Basics Series, which includes video tutorials from how to set up your profile to successfully sharing content while getting the most out of it.
For this month’s Grow Your Google+ Circles Hop, please make sure to carefully read and follow all the rules before joining in.
1. You MUST add the co-hosts to one of your circles.
2. In the linky below, link up your Google+ url to your profile so that people will know what circle to put you into (foodie, crafter, diyer, etc.).
3. Do NOT leave a comment on someone’s post within Google+ letting them know that you’re following them and would they please follow you back. If you want them to add you, leave them a comment about their post and leave it at that.
4. Use the hashtag #growyourgoogleplus and share one of your favorite posts new or old. Be sure to check the hashtag and leave some comment love and +1′s on those posts.
5. Have FUN and mingle! The hop will be open all week (May 3 – 10) so be sure to stop back and see if there are any late entrants.
I’ll see you over on Google+!
Note: If you’re interested in co-hosting an upcoming hop, email Jenny at email@example.com. (Jenny also offers Google+ consulting as well as VA assistance for G+, which you can find more information about here.)